Banana Bread with Coconut
The ultimate crowd pleaser, with a coconut twist. Eat fresh, toasted or on the go!
- 300 gm or 3 large bananas mashed
- 150 gm or ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml or ½ cup of oil
- 200 ml or ¾ cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 240 gm or 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 80 gm or 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut to decorate
Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease and Line a Large loaf tin ( approx. 24 x 10 cm)
Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
Mix the remaining dry ingredients (except the flaked coconut in another bowl.)
Mix the two mixtures together and pour into the loaf tin.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
To make gluten free Banana Coconut Bread replace the plain flour with 1 ½ cups (160 gm) of gluten free flour and 1 cup of almond meal.