Banoffee Eton Mess Mash-up
The ultimate mash-up, this scrumptious dessert throws together two all-time classics – Banoffee Pie and Eton Mess.
- 3 Lady Fingers
- 1/2 cup caramel top and fill
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 cup thick vanilla custard
- 4 meringue nests, coarsely crushed
- Candy pecans, to serve, optional
Spoon caramel into a bowl, whisk until smooth. Stir in salt.
Whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the custard, then use a balloon whisk to whisk until thick.
Drizzle a shared serving plate with a little caramel. Spoon over half the custard cream. Top with half meringue nest and half the banana. Drizzle with a little caramel. Repeat the layers. Top with sugary pecans. Serve.
Tip To make candy pecans, rinse ½ cup pecans. Place into a non-stick frying pan with 2 tablespoons caster sugar. Cook, shaking the pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until pecans are dry. Tip onto a tray lined with baking paper to cool.