Indonesian Spicy Banana Salad
A low kilojoule, fat-free salad. Serve as a first course, or with grilled meats or fish.
- 2 lady finger bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 nashi or firm pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2-3 thick slices of pineapple, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into bite sized chunks
- 12-15 seedless green grapes (optional)
- 2 shallots or 1⁄2 red salad onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 red capsicum, finely shredded
- 11⁄2 tbsp chopped coriander, mint or basil
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or light soy sauce
Combine the prepared fruit and salad vegetables in a bowl and toss lightly.
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lime or lemon juice and fish or soy sauce, mixing well.
Pour during the salad and toss lightly.